Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Last Post

Hola a todos,
This is my last blog post since tomorrow is my last day in Xela. Thanks for reading my blog and supporting over the past 4 and half months!
I have been doing a lot of wrap-up stuff which has gotten me a little bit more in the mindset of leaving. Some of the activities that we have been up to at the Guarderia include: a two-day leadership workshop series, a Sex Ed. class with our youth, lots of soccer games since the rains are letting up a bit, arts and crafts with the little ones, and a big reforestation day…we planted 200 trees! Being at the Guarderia for the past 4 and a half month has been the time of my life. This community has taught me so much about life, love, and service. It will be hard to say good-bye tomorrow.
Sean and I paid a visit to all of our favorite Xela spots this weekend to bid the city adieu. We had one last scrabble game with our host parents over a bottle of wine. Starting on Friday, Sean and I are going to be traveling around Guatemala for a week. We hope to make it to Semuc Champey and Rio Dulce, two natural gems of this land.
See you state-side!
Carrie Ray
Carolina ready to plant trees!

Sean and I tutoring at the Guarderia

Sarita

Joy and I right before she left Pop Wuj

Adios Xela

No comments:

Post a Comment