Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bob Esponja

Hola,


This week included some of the best and worst moments for me in Guatemala


On Tuesday, I taught a yoga class to the older kids at the Guarderia. They got a kick out of it and for the rest of the week kids would come up to me to show me their arbol (tree pose) or montana (mountain pose). I plan to do another class next week. On Thursday, we had a big Fiesta del Cumpleanos, complete with a Sponge Bob (aka Bob Esponja) piƱata, chocolate cake, gifts for the birthday kids, and an Easter Egg hunt. Yes, an Easter Egg hunt. It was a joyous afternoon that will stay with me for a long time.


I also had the regrettable experience of getting royally enferma (sick) after eating questionable leafy greens for lunch at the Guarderia. Three days later the doctor informed me that I have parasites inside me. Wahoo! But the medicine seems to be working and all is well again. First time for everything right?


That’s all for now.


Adios,


Carrie and the ‘sites



(My internet connection is too slow to upload photos today, lo siento...)

No comments:

Post a Comment